Recipes

Translate

Thursday 29 December 2016

A Winter Wonderland

   We had a dump of snow last night. In fact it was still coming down when I got up so I was glad not to be driving anywhere until it stopped. I was out shovelling by 9:00 this morning and it was quite beautiful with everything white and fresh. The temperature was hovering on zero so the snow was rather wet and heavy. Luckily there was only about 5 cms. so it is almost all cleared away. I have to do it in intervals as my back starts to ache after half-an-hour. There will be more to do at the bottom of my driveway once the snow plow has been around but that can wait until tomorrow.

    I had another Mah-jong lesson this morning at the Community Centre and am finally getting the hang of it. There were eight of us and, luckily, two people who knew what they were doing. We played until noon then my Bridge group headed over to Margaret's condo as the Senior's Centre is closed this week and next. Her condo is quite spacious and I could see myself living there if it wasn't for the lack of outdoor space. I do love being able to step out into the garden.
She gave us a light lunch and we played until 3:00 when I came home to do some more shovelling.

   Still eating leftovers but they are diminishing. After the chicken, stuffing and vegetables I plan to treat myself to a mincemeat tart and custard. There seem to have been a lot of treats recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment