Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 7 December 2016

Meal #2

     It stayed a couple of degrees above zero today and was not unpleasant out. We even had a few glimpses of sun.

    Fitness class first thing and I stayed for coffee. Maria reminded me that I will be needed in the kitchen on Monday morning. I don't mind doing an extra shift occasionally as I sometimes have to miss one of my regular Wednesday after noon shifts. Today I didn't work as I had another lunch out but Samia had agreed to replace me. Maybe she will be persuaded to take on a regular slot.

    I left for Scarborough Golf Club, where the RTO lunch was to be held, just before 11:00 a.m. and I still didn't get a parking spot! How early do you have to get there? Next year I will be sure to leave even earlier. I did manage to squeeze my car into a spot in the auxiliary parking lot which wasn't too far away. Thank goodness I drive a small car.

   The meal was a buffet and, as usual, I overdid it since I like to try everything. I actually skipped the turkey and cranberry as I know I will be having some at least once before Christmas, and I didn't take any bread or pasta and only one small potato, so not too many carbohydrates. The desserts were to die for (except the cheesecake, unfortunately) and my favourite was a pecan butter pie. Yum! No dinner tonight (still too stuffed) but I had a peanut butter and jam sandwich with a cup of tea just before bed.

   I went to Petronella this evening and Carole taught some of the dances for Saturday's Family Night dance, so I feel better prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment