Recipes

Translate

Monday 12 December 2016

Covered in the White Stuff

   We got 15 cms. of snow overnight so shovelling was required! The plow had been down our street early and left a wall of snow, called a windrow in this neck of the woods, across the end of my driveway. I went at it around 8:15 and had cleared enough to get the car backed out of the garage, then took a break - no need to overdo it! I fished out the battery for the snowblower and got it charging (should have done that last night!) and managed to get through the windrow by gunning the engine for maximum speed. I was due at the Senior`s Centre by 9:00 to start the coffee machine but, as it turned out there had been some miscommunication and it was the other Christine who was on duty! So I came back home and did a bit more shovelling before collapsing on the sofa for a rest.

   By the time I got home from Bridge around 3:00 p.m. the battery was fully charged and I finished off the driveway in quick time. The snow was quite wet so I had to scrape away a layer of the wet stuff that the snowblower didn`t pick up, but it was still quicker than doing the whole thing manually.

   Our last night at dance group tonight so we are having a pot luck party. Next item on the agenda was to make some sausage rolls - they look delicious and I ate the leftover sausage, egg and pastry for my dinner. I`m sure I will be hungry again by the time we finish dancing and roll out the food.

    Here are photos of my neighbourhood this morning:

The Canadian flag still flying bravely at my neighbour`s.

You can see the depth of the snow by the pile on my other neighbour`s car.

No comments:

Post a Comment