Recipes

Translate

Thursday 22 December 2016

Brain Overload

    I had a break from Christmas preparations today as I was at the Senior's Centre from 9:30 to 2:30. I arrived rather early for the Mah Jong class as I had misread the notice but it is just as well as no one had turned up for kitchen duty. I made a pot of coffee (it's free this week ) and by the time it had perked through and I had poured myself a cup, the others had arrived. I was very lucky today and, with Pauline's help, won twice. I really don't know what I'm doing yet but it is becoming somewhat clearer.

    We went straight from Mah Jong to Bridge. Margaret was my partner and I'm afraid to say she was rather disappointed in me! Well, who cares. Tomorrow is another day but I'm sure she won't want to be my partner again. We were all brain dead by 2:00 and decided to call it a day. It took me a while to clean up the kitchen but I was quite happy to go home and spend half an hour outside (it was 3C), clearing some snow off the driveway and clipping evergreen branches for my mantel display and my front porch planter (photos to follow). Now I am pretty well finished with Christmas preparations.

   Tonight I will make a list for grocery shopping tomorrow, my last shop, hopefully, before the big meal on Sunday. There will be three extra for the meal so I will have to shop accordingly. I plan to go early - will try to be out of the house by 8:30 - as I have to be at tennis by 10:00. Hope there will be time for a coffee at Starbucks before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment