Recipes

Translate

Thursday 15 December 2016

Sooo cold!!!

   It is barely winter and already I've had enough of it! The wind today was straight from the North Pole and so strong that I raced from house to car and back again - and I had neglected to wear my boots. The snow was piling up really fast. I hate to think what tomorrow morning will bring. In any case I will have the battery for the snowblower ready to go as I have a brunch date at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow.

   I accomplished quite a bit this morning - got my passport photos taken ($30, ouch!) and the application in the mail, Got to Mah Jong class just a bit late, and then an afternoon of Bridge. I played with Pauline but, even though we had some good hands, I think Bonnie and Dianne came out on top. A very slippery drive home - thank goodness it wasn't too far - and then home to effectively hibernate until the storm dies out.

   I didn't feel like cooking tonight so I've defrosted a few shrimp and will have them with leftovers from yesterday. There's also the jam turnover as a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment