Recipes

Translate

Sunday 1 January 2017

Finally, Sun!

  Glorious sun today! I finally got the last of the ice chipped off the driveway and even sat out in the sun for half-an-hour. I also covered the outdoor air conditioning unit, a chore I should have done several months ago but...better late than never! It`s now protected from the elements for the rest of the winter.

   Apart from a trip to the grocery store yesterday and a half-hour walk around the neighbourhood today, I have barely been out of the house all weekend. Luckily I have a really good book on the go - `Òther People`s Children`by Joanna Trollope. I found it on my basement bookshelf the other day and hadn`t realize I hadn't read it. I probably picked it up at the Probus book exchange.

   Another surprise yesterday - I thought I had eaten up all the leftovers from the Christmas meal but found a container full of stuffing at the back of the fridge. Yesterday I fried some of it up with half an onion and today I will eat some more with a piece of salmon. I am also roasting some brussell sprouts in oil, cider vinegar and maple syrup, a recipe I found on the internet. It also called for bacon bits but I think they will still taste great without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment