Recipes

Translate

Monday 23 January 2017

Another Haggis Meal

    More haggis tonight - it's my Scottish dance group's Rabbie Burns night. After dancing for an hour,  the haggis will be piped in and addressed. Then it is eviscerated with a dagger and we all dive in for a taste. All very exciting!

"Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
Great chieftain o' the puddin' race!
Aboon them a' ye tak your place.
Painch, tripe or thairm:
Weel are ye worthy of a grace
as lang's my airm.



    Another mild day - up to 4C and we had sun this afternoon. It was almost Spring like! I had to stop off at the library (a lost book to pay for) on the way to Bridge this afternoon, otherwise I would have walked there. Maybe next week.

    I have mashed potatoes to make to go along with the haggis and 'neeps (turnip) so better get going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment