Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 11 January 2017

Back in the Kitchen

     Very mild this morning (3C) and the snow is more or less gone. It's so strange to see green grass at this time of year. Seemingly it was very windy overnight, trees down and power out in places - but I slept through the whole thing. There was even some sun this morning but it didn't last.

   I had a good workout at fitness class this morning and then it was an afternoon in the coffee shop. In between I nipped out to order the haggis for Burn's night at dance group on the 23rd. I got a 5lb. one as I think that will be enough for the 20 of us.

   My new passport is en route to me but I'm having trouble connecting with it. I got a note from the mail man that it was at the local post office - not there - he had tried to deliver it again today while I was out but I should be able to pick it up tomorrow.

   Petronella tonight to practice the rest of the demo dances. Carole is an excellent teacher but she has picked quite difficult dances so it has been a struggle and we only have two more practices. We will have to buckle down and really concentrate!

  

2 comments:

  1. I must say I have never tasted haggis. Does it deserve the bad rap it has received? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not entirely, but it is an acquired taste. We serve it with "tatties and 'neeps" (mashed potatoes and mashed turnips)

    ReplyDelete