Recipes

Translate

Saturday 28 January 2017

More Busy, Busy

   I have been neglecting my blog mainly because I have been out for the past three nights at various Rabbie Burns events. Thursday was a demo at a retirement home and Friday was a roast beef dinner, complete with the `Address to the Haggis`, dancers, a sing-a-long of Scottish songs and a marvellous performer - a tenor with the most amazing voice who sang show tunes. I saw lots of old acquaintances and had a great time!

   Today I needed a rest from all that activity and also from overeating. I won a door prize at the Friday dinner - a box of chocolates, just the last thing I need after indulging all week, but I will eat them nevertheless!

   On Friday I had a meeting with Angela, the President of the Don Mills Tennis Club. I should have twigged I was being ambushed but didn`t have a clue until we had been talking for 10 minutes. Then it hit me that the executive of the club had decided to reduce the number of courts for Kaffeeklatsch, the program that I run. I protested vehemently but to no avail. It seems to be a done deal. Now I will have to cope with all the complaints from aggrieved members when they have to wait for a court! It`s a drop-in program and we usually have 6 courts. In the two summer months the Junior coach usually gets one court for his summer programs but now they have allocated him two courts. The Kaffeeklatsch members will not be pleased! When they complain (and they will) I will just refer them to Angela and let her deal with the flack.

   Just my usual Saturday activities (laundry, grocery shopping) plus a couple of household chores - I have really been neglecting things recently. My grocery bill was only $15 today, mostly fresh fruit and veg. I plan to eat parsimoniously this week and maybe lose a few pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment