Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Miserable Day

   Everything coated with ice when I got up this morning although the freezing rain had been replaced by rain. The temperature never did get much above 1C all day. I went out in my jammies (covered with a warm coat) to put down some salt and had to hang onto the bushes to keep my feet! I made it to the garage and back again without falling and by the time I had to go out I was able to get the car out of the garage and get on my way without mishap.

    I left for the RWTO lunch just before 10:00 a.m. and once I got on the main roads the driving was OK as they had been well salted. I drove very carefully and was at "The Estates" by 10:30. I had to get the name tags laid out and stock the book sale table and the hardest part was lugging bags and boxes of books from the car in pouring rain. The next worst thing was getting everything back in the car after, in what felt like a gale!

    Book sales went well although quite a few people had decided to give the lunch a pass. A delicious salmon lunch with salad, potatoes and several vegetables followed by ice cream crepes and coffee - my first coffee of the day and I was really ready for it. The speaker was interesting and entertaining   despite the rather morbid topic - having someone reliable to speak for you if (or when) you become incapacitated. There were lots of questions so, obviously, it was a topic of importance to his audience!

   Still stuffed from lunch so will just have a light supper later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment