Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Keeping On Top of Things

   Still  in the minus temperatures and only a couple of glimpses of sun, but no cold wind which is welcome. There's been a few snow showers, not amounting to much, but I put the car in the garage in case there is more overnight.

   Tennis this morning - Joan, Hendrina and Brian - we had two good sets and some fairly decent rallies. I felt I had a good workout. Home for just a few minutes before heading out with my packed lunch for Bridge class. That was over by 2:30 but I cleaned up the kitchen at the centre before leaving - it was in a bit of a mess so obviously someone had to leave in a hurry. At least it will be tidy when I am in there tomorrow afternoon. Picked up a new jigsaw puzzle and can't wait to get started on it, but I have another one on the go that I have to finish first.

   I have made an interesting version of one of my favourite dinners tonight. Tuscan chicken, but I skipped the chickpeas and artichokes and added green lentils to give it some substance. I was able to use  up some ingredients that had been lingering in the fridge which always feels good. Despite my small shopping last weekend I still have a very full freezer and shouldn't have to buy much again this week. My pension came today so I am feeling quite flush, but that will fade as the month progresses. I am saving up to pay for my river cruise in the Spring - more on that later!



No comments:

Post a Comment