Recipes

Translate

Sunday 15 January 2017

Light on the Food

    Still no sun but it did get above zero for a few hours. This week is supposed to be milder and not much in the way of snow. We are having a very easy January.

   I had a very light breakfast - half a banana, yogurt, coffee and a muffin - and just a bowl of my minestrone soup for lunch. In listing the ingredients for it yesterday I forgot to mention that I had fried up a couple of rashers of bacon and tossed that in at the last minute. It really enhanced the taste.

  Demo practice this after and I had to trail down to Grace Church on the Hill (yes, that really is its name!), a thirty minute drive. Usually it is 10 minutes. The practice was shorter today but I still felt exhausted when we were done. I think this may be my last year in the demo pool. Three demos this week and I really am not looking forward to them - another reason to give it up, but we will see.

   I have concocted a new recipe to use up the beans and tomatoes left over from yesterday's soup. I mixed them together, added some cheese and put some panko and parmesan on top. It's baking right now - I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment