Recipes

Translate

Monday 30 January 2017

More Like Winter

     Sunny all day but very cold. I think it was probably no higher than -5C but the sun did make it feel cheerier. I slept really well last night, not waking until 7:45. I had stayed up until after 11:00 p.m. watching a new episode of "Father Brown", so it was almost midnight before I put my head down. Right now I have the fire on and am sitting as close to it as possible - too cheap to turn up the heat as I was out most of the day and am going out again in an hour.

   Started off the day with my step workout tape - that warmed me up! Then a quick shower, packed myself a lunch and left for the Hava Java social at Calabria Bakery. I had a large cappuccino and a pastry, courtesy of RTO, and chatted with fellow members for an hour. Next stop was my Bridge group - one really good hand but most were not so great. Pinkie brought us each a slice of rice cake she had made for Chinese New Year, so generous of her. We all like treats. I had my lunch there and another coffee to drink with the rice cake. I think I will just have a bowl of soup for dinner but there will be tea and cookies after dancing tonight.

    Judy is taking the kids skiing at Brimacombe on Friday, a P.A. day for them and has invited me to join them. I am watching the weather  -if it's to be as cold as today I will give it a miss.

2 comments:

  1. That sun was very welcome yesterday, wasn't it? Good for you staying disciplined and doing your workout. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hasn't helped to bring down my weight (too many calories consumed!) but I do feel better after.

    ReplyDelete