Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 24 January 2017

Disaster!

   I am such a doofus! I completely misunderstood the instructions from Muriel about cooking the haggis and it went spectacularly wrong. Suffice to say, it was like a rock instead of moist and juicy but people ate it any way so it can`t have been so bad. In the process of digging it out of its skin ( a tough job) the ladle snapped and the plate skidded onto the floor and broke. Luckily the haggis landed skin side down so I was able to retrieve it and refill the bowl. I am reheating the remains - the proper way - for my dinner tonight and hope it will taste better.

   Another doofus thing today - I was due at a demo this afternoon and left in lots of time but got completely lost. I saw a part of downtown that I had never been to before. I managed to arrive on time (barely, thank goodness I left early) but was quite shaken up with the stress of negotiating my way there. Luckily I didn`t have to do too many dances so pulled it off. Only two more demos this week and then I am done!

   Leftover haggis, mashed potatoes and cabbage for dinner and then a quiet time in front of the TV

No comments:

Post a Comment