Recipes

Translate

Monday 27 June 2016

Two Chores in One

  I had a busy morning - left the house just after 8:15 to be early in line at the Service Canada Centre for my new health card. It was on the way to the strawberry farm so I thought I would chance it. Unfortunately, at least a dozen people had the same idea! I hung around until almost 9:00 but the centre hadn't even opened so I left in disgust. 

   I went and picked a bucket of strawberries and decided to see how long the line was on my way home (I love combining two errands) and only had to wait about 10 minutes, got everything taken care of and was back on the road home in less than half an hour. I had bought a coffee and a pastry at the garden centre and the coffee was still warm so I enjoyed that in the car.

   Bridge this afternoon and my partner, Marie, had a Grand Slam! Unfortunately we had only bid at the three level so wouldn't have earned all the points. Other than that the cards were pretty dismal so I think Samia and Diane would have come out on top.

   It has been extremely hot today and got up to 34C this afternoon but the A/C in the house and the car are working efficiently. I spent a little time outside, watering the plants and reading in the shade, and had two dips in the pool. The water is still up over 80F but tonight  should be cooler so it may go down before morning.

   Liver, onions and mushrooms for dinner tonight and I will also cook some green beans - strawberries and cream for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment