Recipes

Translate

Friday 24 June 2016

Clearing the Fridge

     I am still trying to use up all the food in my fridge and today I managed to clear out one freezer drawer by making a salad. Now it will get washed (the drawer I mean) ready for shopping tomorrow. The salad had two lonely lettuce leaves, a quarter avocado and half a small grapefruit, all doused in juice from half a lemon, some balsamic and olive oil. Nourishing and healthy!

   With the salad I will have a baked basa fillet on a bed of kale (from the garden) and some broccoli and cheese casserole, using up an opened container of sour cream approaching its expiry date  in the process! I feel very virtuous, and no carbs.

   I got in 3 sets of tennis this morning despite Kaffeeklatsch being restricted to just four courts due to the paving of the main driveway. There was lots of time for socializing and plenty of coffee in between sets but I left around 11:15. It was quite hot by then but, on the whole, it was a very pleasant morning

   The techies came to fix my A/C this afternoon and were here quite a while. The problem was more serious than I thought and they have to come back tomorrow to finish. Fingers crossed that they can do so as it is supposed to be quite hot over the weekend.

   "Outlander" tonight and a new episode of "New Tricks" so I will be well entertained until bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment