Recipes

Translate

Monday 20 June 2016

The Plumber Cometh

   There was thunder rumbling in the distance but no rain materialized which is a shame as the garden needs a good soaking. So I have been out with my hose, front and back. It hit 34C this afternoon so I had two dips in the pool which is already 79F without having to resort to the heater.

   The plumber came this morning and I no longer have any leaking taps - all covered by my Maintenance plan. The tap in the basement was going to be an additional cost so I decided just to forgo that repair. It really is hardly dripping at all. I had to be up and dressed by 8:00 a.m. but he didn't come until nearly 10:00. At least I got some much needed housework done while I waited.

   Bridge this afternoon and I had one amazing hand - a small slam but unfortunately we had only bid at the 4 level. Other than that pretty ho-hum cards but better than the last few weeks.

   Liver, mushrooms and onions for dinner tonight with a small salad with olives and blue cheese. Tasty!
Blue Cheese and Avocado salad. It also had tomato, roasted red pepper and olives with lemon balsamic dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment