Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Unusually Busy

    I thought this would be a quiet day as my fitness class is over until next month, but it  turned out to be quite hectic. The pool guys were here first thing and solved the chlorinator problem but I am still getting lots of air in the system and expect the suction will still be poor when I go to clean the pool.

   Next was the puddle in the basement! I discovered it last night and I suspect the water is coming from the A/C unit. I called to arrange for a technician and he will be here Friday afternoon. It's only a month since I had the annual checkup. I hope it's nothing serious.

   After dealing with all that I cut the back grass and generally tidied the yard. It is looking much better. That took me until 11:15 so a quick shower before walking over to the senior's centre for my duty in the coffee bar. It was very quiet there today (I only sold 4 cups of coffee) so I closed up around 2:00 p.m. and walked home. I got my 4,000 steps and also 4 chocolate brownies which were going for free. So each cancels the other out!

    A bit more gardening when I got home - there's always something to do there - then a quiet time with my book on the lounger. Today I started "The Light of Heaven" by Edna O'Brien, a novel describing the immigrant experience in the early 20th century. It's very good so far.

   Yesterday I had Natalie over for dinner before we went to DITP so I had the leftovers from that meal tonight . She did really well at the dancing - learned how to do a reel and practiced the setting step. We did 5 or 6 dances but she fell asleep on the way home. She'd had a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment