Recipes

Translate

Friday 17 June 2016

In My Garden

   Here`s a photo of the kale in my vegetable garden. It is only three weeks since I bought the plants from the garden centre and already I am picking it and using it in recipes. It really is a `wonder food`! Yesterday I put it in an omelet. I wonder if I could make Kale soup. Maybe I will try that tomorrow.


I picked these peonies last week and they have lasted several days indoors. They really are better picked early as they don`t last long in the garden, especially if we have heavy rain.

    It was all go today as I was on the road to Don Mills by 7:45 a.m. I got there by 8:00, had everything ready for Kaffeeklatsch by 8:20 and hit for a bit with Maria until some more people showed up. It was not very busy today which made for a stress free time. Lots of treats as I had brought my Rhubarb cake, Kathy brought chocolate wafers and Hendrina brought cherries. Then, just as we were ready to go (it was very hot) Margaret showed up with yummy lemon cake. I just played two sets - I was hot even sitting in the shade! Needless to say I used the pool a couple of times to cool off once I got home.

    I had a productive afternoon, after a nap. First I set up a plumber to come on Monday to fix my two dripping taps. Then I sorted out some debris in the garage and got the outdoor tap there turned on so I could water the front border. Finally I tidied the front porch and got the propane tank hooked up to my barbecue. Finally I marinated some chicken wings and later barbecued them. They got a bit charred on the outside as I forgot to turn down the flame but were tasty nevertheless. I am just glad the barbecue has survived the winter

No comments:

Post a Comment