Recipes

Translate

Sunday 5 June 2016

A Good Soaking for the Grass

    Rather a dull day today but not cold. A couple of quite heavy rain showers this afternoon but it is now sunny and drying up. A pleasant 24C.

   There was rain overnight so I didn't go to the tennis courts. Instead I spent the morning watching the Men's Final from the French Open - great tennis and quite a tense match, but Novak beat Andy in the end to get his first French Open title and all four slams. Yesterday's Women's Final was also exciting with Serena being beaten by a youngster from Spain.

    Some gardening this afternoon in between showers. I finally feel I am getting the upper hand although the rain will just encourage the weeds to keep growing! No need for a swim but the water has stayed around 74F and the rain has kept the water level up.

   I picked some rhubarb yesterday and made a rhubarb crumble - there's still some left for tonight. Dinner is Mediterranean chicken legs (baked with onions, tomatoes and home made sauce) and a corn cob. I am still reading "After You" by Jojo Moyes, the sequel to "Me Before You" which we discussed at Book Club a month or two back.

   The sky is getting darker again and I think I heard some thunder so the wet weather is not done with us yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment