Recipes

Translate

Sunday 12 June 2016

Strange Weather

   Yesterday was a scorcher but, amazingly, the house stayed quite cool. By evening the wind had picked up and changed direction so it was a cool night. There had been heavy rain overnight but I cut the grass both front and back nevertheless.

    Today was still very windy (at one point this afternoon I was expecting the fence to blow over) but we played tennis anyway. Susan and I won 6-2 against Shirley and Betty which was pretty impressive for us. Susan's awesome forehand was working well. I did a bit of gardening this afternoon and even sat reading in the sun for a bit, but I was quite well wrapped up. It only got up to the low 20's today so no swimming. It has calmed down a bit now.

    Sticky chicken wings for dinner and some of the leftover asparagus frittata. I also had some of it in a croissant for breakfast - that was really yummy! I had corn with the wings yesterday and made another rhubarb crumble today. I have been well fed this weekend 

No comments:

Post a Comment