Recipes

Translate

Sunday 26 June 2016

Surprise Visitors

    When I got home from tennis this morning (Susan and I beat Kathy and Candy) there was a message on my answering machine. Judy asked if they all could come over for a swim - it was hot! I rang back and caught them as they were about to leave so assured them visitors would be welcome, especially with the promise of providing lunch! I tried to clean the pool but gave up after 20 minutes as there was virtually no suction, but I did turn on the heater. It's well over 80F now.

   They arrived about 11:30, had a swim, cooked hot dogs on my barbecue and were back in the pool for another swim soon after. I couldn't find my camera so didn't get any pictures but, hopefully, it's the first of many days of fun in the pool. They left around 3:00 and I went for a nap. Then a quick trip to the store to replenish supplies and that's been my busy day!

   Salmon for dinner with green beans but no carbs - I had a big sausage in a bun for lunch and will try not to eat anything starchy until tomorrow. The temperature was in the 30's since early this morning. Thank goodness the A/C is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment