Recipes

Translate

Thursday 16 June 2016

Out With the Ladies Who Lunch

    A special treat today - I had lunch out with Donna, Bonnie and Diane. We went to Diane's Seafood after this morning's Probus meeting. We all had lobster and crab rolls with carrot and ginger soup and coleslaw. Everything was delicious! Donna and Diane also split an order of oysters and gave me one to try. They were rather expensive - $15 for a dozen - but I may try them next time we go there. It's a favourite haunt for the three of them and I was honoured to be invited to join them.

    The Probus meeting went well - I got some free paperbacks, schmoozed over coffee and then we had an interesting speaker telling us about the writing process and her most recent novel. I buttonholed Gloria at the coffee break and persuaded her to be available as a substitute for our Monday afternoon bridge foursome. I also signed up for next Thursday's RODEO lunch as it's at one of my favourite spots, Bluffer's Restaurant down by the lake.

    After the big lunch I just had a light dinner tonight - an egg and vegetable omelet with some kale from the garden. it's amazing how quickly it is ready to pick. I also made a rhubarb cake to take to Kaffeeklatsch tomorrow. The rhubarb in the garden has been very prolific this year and I plan to make some rhubarb and ginger jam soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment