Recipes

Translate

Sunday 19 June 2016

So Hot!!

   I had a great night out yesterday - a good meal and then danced every dance -  but I came home with aching feet and tired legs. As a result it took me forever to get to sleep. I had planned to get to tennis early because of the heat but just got there about 10 minutes ahead of my usual 9:00 a.m. start time.

   Kathy and Susan were there shortly after and we got a court at 9:00 but had to give it up at the next changeover. By that time we were all quite hot and sweaty and glad to stop. Susan and I headed home but I think Kathy stayed for another set - brave girl!

  I was in the pool within minutes of getting home and that cooled me off sufficiently. Next on the agenda was the final of the men's tournament at Queen's (London). I was very torn as to who to support - Andy Murray (Scottish) or Milos Raonic (Canada). Milos won the first set in a tiebreak and was up a break in the second set before Andy upped his game and was the ultimate winner. It was an excellent match with some amazing shots - very enjoyable!

    Another swim this afternoon and am now sitting in a nicely cooled house. It's 33C out there! Salmon, quinoa and corn for dinner tonight, a nice change after the heave meal of cabbage rolls, beef remoulade and chicken schnitzel last night. I'm scared to weigh myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment