Recipes

Translate

Thursday 20 April 2017

Ladies Who Lunch

   Probus meeting this morning and I was out early as I needed to stop by the dollar store for a new pair of reading glasses. The speaker was a dietician with lots of suggestions for healthy eating - her main one, cook from scratch, didn't go down well, but she is right, there are so many additives in prepared meals that they can't help but be unhealthy.

    After the meeting 4 of us headed for Red Lobster and were joined by a fifth friend who had been elsewhere for the morning. I had Langoustine and Lobster Bisque and several of Red Lobster's special biscuits. We had to laugh as we were all comparing the number of calories in each meal, after the lecture we had just attended! Mine had 740 calories but some of them were over 1,000 - more than your recommended daily intake!

   Not much action on the exercise front today but I did walk down to the mailbox later in the afternoon to mail Steve and Alison's anniversary card. They have been married nine years - hard to believe. I got a phone call from the Senior's Centre to say I could attend the Friday fitness class but I think I will decline. I will be playing tennis on Fridays soon so someone else can have my spot. 

   It was bitterly cold on my walk (I seem to be saying that a lot recently) on account of the strong wind. Hope it warms up soon. The fire's on again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment