Recipes

Translate

Sunday 2 April 2017

A Perfect Day

    A late start today - I stayed up until midnight last night, watching "D.I. Banks" on PBS - so I puttered around until almost 11:00 a.m. before I got my act together. 

   Another beautiful Spring day - it officially reached 14C this afternoon but I swear it was warmer than that in my back yard! I cleared some borders, cut back two lavender plants and managed to dig up a climbing rose that stopped flowering a couple of years ago. It was a real bugger to get out. I am thinking of replacing it with a clematis plant but I have not been very successful with previous purchases. Will have to consult the staff at the garden centre.

   After all that hard work I sat in the sun for a while but it clouded over later in the afternoon so I came inside to read. My current boob, "Commonwealth" by Anne Patchett, really has me hooked. It's a family drama stretching over a couple of generations of two families whose lives are intertwined. I will be sorry when it is finished.

   Chicken thighs in a tomato and cheese sauce tonight - it's smelling delicious, cooking away in the oven. I have made a salad with the leftover quinoa to which I have added red peppers, cucumber, walnuts, dried cranberries, blue cheese (yum!) with a homemade dressing. I'm ready for my meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment