Recipes

Translate

Sunday 9 April 2017

Finely, Warmth

   Got home late last night with sore feet from the monthly dance so had a slow start this morning. We have had two lovely days and I have made a dent in the garden. The rhubarb is up! A few little pink nobbly bits are showing already and it will come along quickly now that it is warmer.

   I planted out pansies this morning - some in a planter (just in case of frost) and the rest in a border by the front door. I also trimmed back a fir tree that was overhanging my neighbour's path for which he will be grateful, I'm sure.

   A senior's moment yesterday - I was eating lunch after an hour pottering in the garden when I realized I had a ticket for "Rusalka - Live at the Met" at noon!. I was already 45 minutes late for its start but rushed off anyway and got to my seat for the last 5 minutes of the first act. However, the rest was enjoyable and I'm glad I went, except I missed my afternoon nap.

   A nice quiet day at home today, enjoying the improved weather. I think it got up to about 16C this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment