Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Catching Up With Friends

   I just had 5 mammoth sneezes (hope I'm not coming down with something) and remembered a rhyme my mother always recited when we sneezed:

One's a wish, two's a kiss, three's a disappointment
Four's a letter, five's something better,
Six is best of all and seven is nothing at all.

I wonder what the "something better" will be - perhaps some unexpected money coming my way. I haven't sent in my tax return yet!

   I decided to skip Nordic Pole Walking today as it was drizzling and a thunderstorm was forecast. It didn't materialize but "better safe than sorry", another of my mother's sayings. I snuck into the 11:15 Fitness class for half-an-hour after having coffee with some friends I hadn't seen for a while so the morning was not a complete waste



No comments:

Post a Comment