Recipes

Translate

Friday 22 September 2017

We Need Rain!

   Still hot and dry and the weekend is supposed to continue that way. The lawns are looking rather scorched but no point watering them. I am just keeping the tomato plants wet.

   Tennis this morning (two sets, that was enough for me) then a couple of errands on the way home - first, gassed up the car ($30) then picked up a prescription ($34, but I will get some of that back), an expensive morning. While I was in the drug store the pharmacist went through a very detailed questionnaire with me to ascertain that my prescriptions were not conflicting in any way. It took about 15 minutes and was very thorough but I think I passed. Only suggestion - I should be eating oatmeal! I can do that.

   Gardening for a while this afternoon until my hands got too sore. I was still pruning and sawing the bush. Then just reading. I made cauliflower croquettes for dinner last night and will have that again tonight with corn and pickled beetroot. No dessert but I may have some almonds and dried fruit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment