Recipes

Translate

Friday 29 September 2017

Busy in the Kitchen

   Very chilly this morning and it only got up to 12C. We managed a couple of sets of tennis before the rain started around 9:45. As there were quite a few of us and lots of coffee, we stayed around chatting until 10:30. Eva had brought pastries and home made plum cake which was very good. Home by 11:00 and it was still raining so I made a pot of minestrone soup for lunch. 

    By the time I had finished reading the newspaper it was lunch time and the soup was ready. I followed that with a nap then set out for the mall to have my hair cut. Just as I left there was a clap of thunder and the heavens opened. It was torrential but the gardens really needed it. I had to wait in the car until it eased up a bit before I could sprint to the entrance, luckily it's an indoor mall. By the time I was ready to come home, the sun was out.

   Before I left for the hair appointment I got the bread machine started and wound up with a funny, squat loaf. I have been experimenting with the yeast as the last two loaves have hit the roof of the breadmaker and then collapsed. So less yeast today. But, unlike today, it was very hot on the other days so I think that was part of the problem. Next time I will try to find a happy medium.

    Roast chicken for dinner with corn and broccoli. All in all, a very productive and busy day!
The loaf, easy to slice but rather dense.

The soup, that should do quite a few lunches!

2 comments:

  1. My bread machine gets used sporadically. Now you have me thinking... -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to have the smell of fresh baked bread wafting through the house!

      Delete