Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 26 September 2017

Still Hot But No Record

   You would have been surprised how many people were at the tennis courts (and actually playing!) this morning as it was still very hot and humid. At least 30 showed up and most were still there when I left. I tried to get there early but the traffic was very heavy and it was already hot when I arrived. I managed two sets but by 10:30 I was done! I sat chatting with a coffee for a bit but was home by 11:00 for a cold shower.

   I had slept badly last night so had a long nap this afternoon. I'm still a bit beat so I think it will be an early night. I spent the afternoon reading my current book, "The Secret Supper" - a medieval murder mystery (how's that for an alliteration?). It's quite good and holding my attention. It's about Leonardo da Vinci and his painting of The Last Supper which is supposed to be full of symbolism and cryptic messages.

   Fish and a corn cob for dinner. I had a lovely lunch of cauliflower soup, a hard boiled egg, crackers, cheese and tomatoes, quite nutritious but not too filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment