Recipes

Translate

Friday 24 March 2017

Dull and Rainy

    Quite a change in the weather since Wednesday. Today it reached 12C although not sunny. I had trouble getting to sleep last night and, as a result, it was almost 8:00 a.m. until I surfaced. I just had toast and coffee while my hair dried then left at 9:30 for tennis. We played from 10:00 to 11:40 and I was back on the road by noon. A couple of errands on the way home, a quick lunch (I was starving!) and then into bed for a nap. Next thing I knew it was 3:45! I will probably have trouble getting to sleep again tonight.

    Later this afternoon I made some cheese scones, a perfect activity for a rainy afternoon. They turned out really well and, of course, I had to try one. It was delicious spread with cream cheese for an extra cheesy kick. I omitted the sugar from the recipe and added just a sprinkle of onion powder and half a cup of grated cheddar. Quite pleased with myself for the good results but they will have to go in the freezer or I will gobble them up in no time!


No comments:

Post a Comment