Recipes

Translate

Saturday 4 March 2017

A Tasty Treat

   Some snow overnight and this morning`s temperature a bone-chilling -12C. Another cold day tomorrow then it should warm up somewhat. No need for boots but I was well wrapped up when I did go out.

   I didn`t eat any breakfast when I got up as I was going out for brunch later. I had coupons for `Burger King` and decided it was a good opportunity to check it out. I hardly ever eat junk food and only eat out once every two weeks or so and this week not at all. The coupon was for a croissant sandwich, hash browns and a coffee, all for the princely sum of $3.49. Considering that`s what I pay for a decaf tall latte at Starbucks, it sounded like a good deal. The sandwich had eggs, sausage and bacon bits and was seriously yummy but after eating half of it I was quite stuffed so wrapped it up to bring home and just finished the coffee. It doesn`t take much to make me happy!

   So the sandwich got heated up to have with soup for lunch and the hash browns will be toasted to go with my dinner. I will definitely try it again although I hate to think of the calories, fat and sodium it contains. Luckily the coupons are good until April so I will spread them out over the next few weeks.

This is what it looked like outside my front door this morning. It was sunny all day but the temperature only rose a couple of degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment