Recipes

Translate

Thursday 9 March 2017

A New Recipe

   Here`s my day for today. Left for tennis at 9:30, played until 11:45 then a quick change of clothes. Arrived at the senior`s centre at 12:15 for Bridge (played better today, had good hands and made quite a few contracts). Finished at 2:45.

   Picked up a bunch of bananas on the way home so they will be ripe by the weekend. Started dinner and had it cooking by 3:15. It`s a bit of an experiment. I soaked some navy beans overnight and got them simmering for an hour while I had a nap, cooked up some bacon bits , onions and mushrooms, added this and half a can of tomatoes. Flavoured with garlic, mustard, maple syrup, vinegar and brown sugar (it called for molasses but I had run out). In the oven for 2 hours at 275 degrees F. Added the bean water from the simmering and baked for another two hours.

   It`s not going to be ready for a while but when the beans are tender I`ll cook some cabbage as a side dish. It does smell good. Hope it`s palatable.

   The weather was cooler but still pleasant today. I indulged in a hot cross bun when I got home from Bridge. It`s never too early to start celebrating Easter. I like them with butter and loads of honey. Definitely not part of my diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment