Recipes

Translate

Thursday 4 August 2016

Friends in the Pool

     My tennis friends came over for a swim after we played this morning. It was extremely hot on the courts - we were just melting by 10:00 a.m. - so a cool di was called for. Then we had coffee and rhubarb cake (and ice cream for Susan and me, the others declined) and sat around chatting as we dried off until almost noon.

   After they departed I had a quick lunch and headed out for my Zumba Gold class. Again, just melting when that was finished so another quick dip (I went straight in the pool in my workout clothes, I couldn't even wait to change) and then a nap. The rest of the afternoon was spent reading in the shade.

   I am planning on having a chicken and tomato wrap for dinner when the notion takes me. I have a cake to ice first for Hendrina's 80th birthday tomorrow. I just hope she shows up at the tennis club or it will have to go in the freezer

No comments:

Post a Comment