Recipes

Translate

Friday 12 August 2016

Heat Wave Continues

   Still extremely hot and now also very humid - I was on the tennis courts by 8:45 and dripping with sweat by 9:00! However, I did stay until almost 11:00 and played three sets. Not at my best and considerably worse than my level of play yesterday with Susan when we beat the two Cathies 6-1. I have had two dips in the pool today and only sat out long enough to dry off and water the garden. Time to go and give the plants in the front a drink, I think! We had some rain last night but the promised downpour today hasn't materialized.

   I am enjoying my current book, "The Vacationers" by Emma Straub. It's an easy, fast-paced read so I think I will finish it this weekend. Luckily I also have another good book from the library to get on with.

    Made these cookies this afternoon and they turned out really well. The secret seems to be to use corn starch with the flour and to mix it all in the food processor. Also, bake at 300F. I will store them in the freezer and nibble on them occasionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment