Recipes

Translate

Friday 5 August 2016

Get Out the Ice Cream!

   Well, the cake did have to go in the freezer as Hendrina was a no-show at tennis. It was extremely hot and humid again and quite a few people gave it a pass today. I left at 10:00 a.m. after two sets as Judy and the grandkids were coming over for a swim (also I was very hot and uncomfortable). We had a great time with them splashing in the water and showing me their new tricks. James has taken to somersaulting into the water with a big splash. He is such fun to watch. They had a second swim after lunch and left around 2:30 just as I was thinking about a nap!

    It's still 27C at 8:00 p.m. and the A/C has been humming away all day. No sign of it cooling down but soon I will turn it off and open all the windows. I am just about to go serve myself a big bowl of pralines and cream ice cream with a piece of rhubarb cake. I will remember these roasting days when we have freezing temperatures in January! I hope it cools down somewhat overnight. This morning it was just as warm in the house as when I went to bed so no relief then.

No comments:

Post a Comment