Recipes

Translate

Sunday 15 May 2016

Unseasonal Weather

     I had a late rise this morning after a restless night. I had been to the West End Ball and didn't get home until almost midnight. Then my feet and legs were throbbing so much from all the dancing (even though I had a soak in the tub before bed) that I couldn't settle. It was 10:00 a.m. until I finally surfaced! Apart from a bit of ironing I have just spent the day catching up on the weekend newspapers.

    The weather has been very strange today. Yesterday was cool with a bitter wind and this morning it was still cold (5C) with rainy squalls and even some snow! It hasn't gotten any warmer since but there were a few blinks of sun this afternoon. Very unseasonal for the middle of May, I have the fire on tonight.

   Just coffee and a croissant for breakfast and homemade celery soup for lunch but I have a nice salmon fillet for dinner and will have it with quinoa and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment