Recipes

Translate

Sunday 29 May 2016

First Dip in the Pool

   It was extremely hot on the tennis courts this morning (at least 30C) but we managed a set. I was not up to much and Iona and I lost 6-0 against Kathy and Stan. I was just happy that the set didn't last any longer!

   I was home by 10:30 and got right in the pool for just a minute to bring my body back to a normal temperature.  Then some tennis from the French Open on TV, no Canadians left in the draw but good tennis, nevertheless. I had a couple of cool hours in the movie theatre this afternoon, watching a documentary about gardens in art - Monet to Matisse. The photography was beautiful and inspired me to do more with the limited space I have for flowers in my garden.

   On the way home I stopped at Adonis for a grilled fish and Mediterranean vegetables for my dinner (don't feel like cooking as it is too hot to turn on the oven), also a pineapple for $2.50! They were giving out a couple of food samples which went down well - samosas and pastries. Then a stop at Home Depot for a nozzle for my garden hose so I can water the garden, and a packet of nasturtium seeds which I planted as soon as I got home. Mission accomplished. Then I had a proper swim, in the water for at least a couple of minutes!

   Off to warm up the fish and vegetables, then it's a night of TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment