Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 18 May 2016

At the Senior's Centre

This was my day at the Senior's Centre so I was out of the house by 8:45 a.m. Between fitness classes (Stretch and Strength at 9:00, Osteo Fit at 11:15) I went to the garden centre, which is just up the road, to pick up a few plants. Wednesday is senior's discount day (10% off) so I bought three tomato plants, basil, kale and two plants that attract butterflies, Echinicea and Bee Balm. I had dug up one border yesterday and removed all the weeds so it is ready for some plants. I'll plant them tomorrow.

   By noon I was behind the counter of the coffee bar and worked there until 3:00 p.m. Then home for a nap after which I planned to work in the garden. But it had turned quite cold so I never did get out there. Luckily I have a good book on the go, "Girl on the Train", so I spent an hour reading.

   I made an interesting dinner tonight. I had planned on fish but found I had already eaten the last fillet from the freezer. So I was inspired by an article in the newspaper to try quesadillas. Two tortillas filled with grated cheese, lettuce and chopped red pepper (basically what needed using up in the fridge) and grilled until the cheese melted. Then topped with salsa, sour cream and guacamole. Tasty and very filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment