Recipes

Translate

Sunday 8 May 2016

Mother's Day

    The day started off sunny but cool - the wind felt like it was straight from the Arctic although it did get up to 16C this afternoon. I never did get out of my extra layers on the tennis court this morning although the others did. Home for 10:30 and spent half-an-hour waiting on the phone to ask Statistics Canada where my census form was. They are supposed to be returned, completed, by Tuesday. Seemingly some were late being sent so mine might be in that bunch. I will phone again on Tuesday if it has still not arrived.

   Lunch at Judy's - Dave cooked a turkey while she was doing a run, and delicious it was, with roasted veggies, kale salad, stuffing and cranberries. He's quite a talented cook! Coffee and dessert (mixed berry pie and ice cream) followed so I was well fed and came home with a beautiful Calla Lily from Steve. I also came home with the news that my e-mail account had been hacked - they all got messages that I was stranded in the Philippines and needed a cash transfer. I hope no one on my mailing list fell for it. I e-mailed everyone I could think of to let them know I was fine and at home. If I missed you, my apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment