Recipes

Translate

Thursday 5 May 2016

On the Go

   After my usual breakfast of banana and peanut butter and some yogurt (my appetite is coming back), I had a busy day today but nothing monumental to report. First stop this morning was the drug store to pick up my pneumonia vaccine ($116) then straight to the doctor's office to have it injected. I should get 85% of that back from my medical insurance coverage. This all happened in quick sticks and I arrived at the tennis courts right on 9:00 a.m.

   Cathy, Kathy, Joe and I had a very close match - it came out 7-5 for the good guys (Joe and me). Then we sat around chatting until just before 11:00 a.m., mostly about Cathy's upcoming trip to Barcelona, one of my favourite cities. I told them about Senior Adventure Tours as I am planning to sign up for a trip to Costa Blanca in Spain in October. Maybe one of them will decide to take the trip with me!

    A quick lunch then off to Zumba class - what a workout! I was exhausted by the time it was over, and sweaty into the bargain. A few errands on the way home, then straight to bed for a nap and I really slept for once. Got up at 4:00 p.m. and did a bit of gardening - the weeds are taking over!

   Dinner tonight is a basa fillet which I will bake in foil with some tasty flavouring. To go with it will be peas and mashed potatoes but I will tuck a couple of asparagus spears from the garden in the package with the fish, my only asparagus so far. I think I will have an early night tonight - it's been a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment