Recipes

Translate

Monday 2 November 2015

Hallowe'en Has Come and Gone

   I'm afraid I was a grouch on the 31st. and didn't "shell out" for the Trick-or-treaters. Usually I only have a few kids so decided this year not to participate. No one came to the door on Saturday so it was a good decision.

    The weather was lovely again today -  mid teens, blue sky and very little wind. I did a bit of garden clean-up this morning then sat outside reading for half-an-hour. Bridge this afternoon, Pinkie didn't show up (I had a message from her on my answering machine when I got home, asking if we were playing) but we managed to recruit someone to play with us. I had one terrific hand which I think I played really well but, other than that, the cards were not good.

  I made a steak and kidney pie yesterday (delicious!) so will have that again tonight. I also had caramelized Brussel sprouts with a sweet chili sauce yesterday (also delicious!) but will skip a vegetable tonight. I don't like to eat too heavily when I am going dancing as we have tea and cookies during the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment