Recipes

Translate

Thursday 5 November 2015

Excitement at the Pool

   One of the lifeguards had to jump in to save a woman in difficulty at the pool this afternoon. She had just got a little out of her depth but it created a great deal of excitement among the swimmers, especially those in the conversation pool. A report had to be filed by the lifeguards and an interpreter was required as the woman didn't speak much English. At least now we know that the lifeguards are ready and able to do their job!

   This was my last stop of a very busy day starting at 8:30 a.m. I spent the morning taking the Minutes at the RTO meeting, requiring intense concentration which I'm quite unused to these days! Then I went to Arkadia, a Greek restaurant, with Marilyn, Margaret and Donna. We had a delicious lunch, I had spanakopita, and the others had fish but we all agreed the food was excellent. I hope to go back some day as there were other things on the menu I would like to try.

   After lunch, although I was quite stuffed, I went to the community centre for indoor tennis. Tamara was there and we had time to catch up while we waited our turn to play. It was quite busy with, at one point, seven people waiting to play. However, I don't think I waited more that 10 minutes at any time. Then the pool for a few laps and a relax in the hot tub. Busy, busy, busy!

   I can't decide what to have for dinner since I had such a big lunch. I've had a beer and some bruschetta but should eat something else, perhaps an omelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment