Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Errands Galore!

   A few errands taken care of today so I am feeling quite satisfied. First off I needed a scraper to clean my windshield before heading over to exercise class. The sun had warmed up the car a bit so it didn't take long to clear off the ice. I didn't stay very long for coffee after class as I still had shortbread to make. I made a batch yesterday but left it in the oven a bit too long.

    I was back at the Senior's centre for noon to man the coffee bar but closed it up at 2:00 p.m. Next stop was Book Club and our last meeting before Christmas, hence the shortbread. A few others brought goodies too, so we had treat time with tea or coffee before we started the discussion. This month's book was "Wild", a memoir by Cheryl Strayed about hiking the Pacific Coast Trail. It was well received with mostly positive comments. I am waiting for the movie from the library.

   On the way home I stopped at the grocery store to return something, then the drug store to pick up a prescription, check my blood pressure (almost in the normal range) and get my 'flu shot. It wasn't busy so I was taken almost right away. I hope I have no side effects. So far it is fine.

   The temperature got up to 7C today but, with the sun shining, it felt warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment