Recipes

Translate

Sunday 28 December 2014

Two Recipes

   I found some blackberries at the store yesterday at a reasonable price  ($1.65 for a punnet) and will have then with my home made crème fraiche. It is so easy to make and, in my opinion, better than the real stuff which is quite high in fat. I use a small carton of low fat sour cream and a tablespoon of brown sugar, well mixed.

    Here's another recipe - my grandmother's recipe for stuffing. I used this to stuff the capon for the Christmas dinner but had a bread stuffing cooked separately for those that prefer it. But I did notice that both were popular. I had a little left over so mixed it with some sausage meat to stuff in the neck of the bird.. It was delicious too.

   8 ozs. oatmeal
   4 ozs beef suet
   1/2 onion, chopped
   1/2  tsp. salt and some freshly ground pepper
   milk to moisten

   After taking the stuffing out of the bird, fluff it and check it for seasoning (oatmeal does need quite a lot of salt) and add more if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment