Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Tennis and Bridge

   After a quiet day at home yesterday, it was all go,  go, go today. I started the day with a visit to Pusateri's to order the Christmas bird. I am getting a capon again as I've had enough turkey this year. I will pick it up on Christmas Eve and hope for a decent sized bird.

   Next, after grabbing a coffee at Chapters, I met up with Hendrina and Pat at Hendrina's condo to play tennis. She is just a bit north of Bayview Village Mall so it was sort of on the way. Swan was there too and we played for about an hour and a bit, before heading home. I had a quick lunch and made it over to the Senior's Centre for a bridge lesson by 1:30. I was at a table with quite experienced players and had to play most of the hands myself - lost the all! However, I did learn quite a bit about bidding and playing the hand. Eventually it will all make sense.

    Now I am cosily ensconced by the fire with a glass of wine and crackers, cheese and smoked oysters. I have some scallops defrosting and will cook them eventually but I'm in no hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment