Recipes

Translate

Sunday 14 December 2014

Lots of Parties

   Friday's jury duty went quickly, no cases requiring our presence in the morning and we were released around noon. Seemingly one case was resolved with a plea bargain and the others weren't ready to come to court. I got home around two and went out right away to buy a small gift for our Friday night teacher, Wendy.

    Sheila arrived around 6:30 and we headed out for our party. We set things up then danced until 8:30 when we retired to the well-stocked tables for our party fare, really too much food but I was pretty hungry. We had a 50-50 draw which Ken won and lots of time to chat and socialize. After we had tidied up I had lots of food to take home, my contribution of sausage rolls and salmon sandwiches - usually there are no sausage rolls left but I will freeze them to bring out later.

   Saturday was the monthly dance - Family Night and there were lots of kids and some new dancers. We sold a lot of tickets for the 50-50-draw - the pot was $154 - and Pat won it, lucky girl! I got home around 11:00 p.m. but needed a hot bath to relax my muscles before heading to bed.

  Today I had a very late start, still in my p.j.'s at noon but after a late lunch and a nap, I settled down to writing my overseas Christmas cards. Then I had a walk down to the drug store for stamps (more expensive than the cards!) and they are now on their way. I am making a chicken pot pie for dinner tonight - shouldn't require any side dishes as there will be lots of vegetables in the pie and the puff pastry lid is all the carbs you need. Better get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment