Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 28 February 2017

The Good and the Bad

   The pie was tasty and there's more for tonight (and probably tomorrow too). I can't believe it's so easy to get three meals by just rummaging in the fridge. It feels so good not to waste anything!

   Tennis this morning - we had two and a half sets and some good rallies. I started off slowly but improved considerably once I had warmed up. It was me, Carol, Hendrina and Tamara today. That's the Polish Tamara, not the Mexican one from my other tennis club. We are a very multi-cultural group! Hendrina is German and her husband was Spanish. And, of course, I'm from "across the pond".

    I dashed home to change and grab something for lunch before getting to my Bridge class. It was fun today as we had a half hour of lecture then an hour to play. I had great cards but they didn't translate into successful contracts - I went down twice! Poor play probably. Diane was at class and hopes to be able to play next Monday. She needs a root canal procedure, poor thing, but, hopefully, it won't be on Monday.

   Mild again but no sun today. A few drops of rain and a high of 7C. I checked the borders yesterday and found a few shoots, daffodils and tulips I think. I am furious with the squirrels who hang around here - they completely destroyed the bird bells I hung out just the other day. I've no idea how they reached them but they are completely gone! That's it for this winter - the birds will have to fend for themselves!

Tonight's dinner - my salad was especially tasty, lettuce, red peppers, smoked mackerel, walnuts and dried cranberries, the dressing made with a delicious extra virgin olive oil I bought in Spain. The pickled beetroot was good with a piece of the pie. A minneola to follow.

2 comments:

  1. I would eat that salad you described, but you would need to hold the mackerel. I like adding dried cranberries to salads. I really admire how active you are. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenn. You have no idea how much I appreciate your comments! Mackerel is very good for you and I also like the taste.

    ReplyDelete