Recipes

Translate

Sunday 19 February 2017

More Sun and Warmth

   The sun has just gone down after another day of wall-to-wall blue sky and double digit temperatures. I got my share of Vitamin D today, for sure, didn't even need a coat. I did some garden tidying where the snow has melted and ate a snack outside around noon - the first of the year.

   I made sugar cookies this afternoon as I was all out of anything sweet to eat with my cup of tea. My only other endeavour today was to empty the cupboard in the laundry room that I plan to paint - mostly throwing out junk that has accumulated over the last 20 years. Hard to believe I have been here that long. It has been the receptacle for all my painting projects so the used cans will either go down into the basement or get recycled. It feels good to freshen things up! I will sand and paint the cupboard tomorrow as I have a free day - it's a Provincial holiday, Family Day.

   Fish on the menu tonight and I am going to cook the rest of the brussell sprouts with bacon to round out the meal. I should be able to find a good recipe on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment